Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1980 mercedes 450slc
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1980 C107 in great condition it has a cool huge sunroof on the top that dosent work.when i push the switch to open it the motor just runs for 1 second then stops but when you push it to the closed position the motor runs but the roof dosent move! could it be that the tracks are rusted or what?

·
Premium Member
1975 450SL
2,440 Posts
Follow this link: Untitled Document

Page down to job #77, in the body and chassis section, and enjoy yourself. :)

The online appearance of the Service Manual on CD-ROM. A very handy resource.

Happy hunting.
Scott

·
Registered
1980 mercedes 450slc
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks I went to that site and it seemed really helpful but all these boxes that say false keep coming up and it moves the page all up and down,do you know of any sites like that one that dont have those problems?

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,341 Posts
Thanks I went to that site and it seemed really helpful but all these boxes that say false keep coming up and it moves the page all up and down,do you know of any sites like that one that dont have those problems?
I have that problem if I use IE to open it. Don't have that problem with Firefox.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1980 C107 in great condition it has a cool huge sunroof on the top that dosent work.when i push the switch to open it the motor just runs for 1 second then stops but when you push it to the closed position the motor runs but the roof dosent move! could it be that the tracks are rusted or what?
the top goes into the car, so it opens downward then slides back. , you can force it along by repeating your 1-second trick , while someone else pushes on the back of the sunroof, once you get it to crack open with the switch (back and forth 100's of times) then you sort pry the front crack backwards toward the back, and try to get the slides to work, then, help it back forth with your hands, then you can remove it for real lubrication

1 - 7 of 7 Posts