Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
Patrick / Regina - 3/18/2005 8:14 PM

We passed this on the road in Greenville, South Carolina. If anyone is interested, the area code is 864 .

I do like the double doors, but I think that it is a little highly priced... imo[;)]
Way highly priced.

When are you going to stop by on one of your trips to Atlanta?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'll give it a good home in a warm garage next to one of its cousins if they'll come down about $10k. [;)]

Otherwise, they'll be keeping that one for a while.

Nice and clean G though. My favorite color too, Artic Camo. [:D]

-Sean P.

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Not sure I'd say WAY highly

If it's in as good a condition as it appears in the pictures, has been well cared for, and has under 150k miles or so, I bet it would go for 18. It really has a lot of nice features. Personally I think the double doors and separate tire carrier are great features. It has the jump seats in the rear (wait... wasn't I the one who said take them out?[;)], and that's a nice roof rack on it. Interior looks fairly decent, and I have to agree, white is a great color, though it may mean it's been re-sprayed. White is really easy to do.

I also like the touches like the compass and radio that, at first glance at least, indicate there's a chance this one was owned by someone who knew what to do with it and hence, hopefully, how to care for it.

Just a few thoughts. All in all, one could probabaly do a lot wors on an old G, given that the test drive is still everything.

-Dave G.

·
Registered
300GD 500SL 300E
232 Posts
My next G will be another white one just a G500 and I am going to give my current one to my dad he will not stop asking for it, just got to wait a little while longer for them to get a little cheeper. Are the white ones that hard to find?[8D]

·
Registered
300GD 500SL 300E
232 Posts
On a concerning note why are the lockers engaged in the interior picture?[:0]

·
Registered
67 300 SEL, 85 500 SEL, 90 420 SEL
170 Posts
Benz-Dady - 3/19/2005 5:34 PM

My next G will be another white one just a G500 and I am going to give my current one to my dad he will not stop asking for it, just got to wait a little while longer for them to get a little cheeper. Are the white ones that hard to find?[8D]
White is a very undesired color in a lot of European countries, very hard to sell and therefore very
few white cars are on the road.
In Germany even the police cars are silver/green now,
because they could not sell the white/green cars after
they were taken out of service.
A friend of mine working for the MBZ factory in Stuttgart, who was visiting me a while ago, told me,
she never saw so many white cars in her life before like in Southern California.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Do you know any places on the internet that sell white G's taken out of service? If they're that hard to sell, and there are some people who want it, I'm sure they'll be more than willing to work out a deal.

[:)]

·
Registered
67 300 SEL, 85 500 SEL, 90 420 SEL
170 Posts
BrentG500 - 3/20/2005 11:45 PM

Do you know any places on the internet that sell white G's taken out of service? If they're that hard to sell, and there are some people who want it, I'm sure they'll be more than willing to work out a deal.

[:)]

www.mobile.de
www.autoscout24.de
www.vebeg.de
www.ricardo.ch
www.ebay.de
www.ebay.ch

"weiss" means white in German. Keep in mind that
all these cars have to be 25 years and older, which
is absolutely no problem, as long as it's a 460.
[:D][:D][:D][;)][;)][;)]

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
67SEL - 3/21/2005 9:40 PM

www.mobile.de
www.autoscout24.de
www.vebeg.de
www.ricardo.ch
www.ebay.de
www.ebay.ch

"weiss" means white in German. Keep in mind that
all these cars have to be 25 years and older, which
is absolutely no problem, as long as it's a 460.
[:D][:D][:D][;)][;)][;)]
Danke! [;)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts