Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
9,867 Posts
I have also seen an R107 with a supercharged version and an SLK interior.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz
1,766 Posts
I've seen that car as well but the last video I saw was just getting the engine going. I believe the builder used a complete SLK 55 for the build if. Am I correct?

On the springs- there are SO many variables that are possible when one begins to consider all the quantitative algorithms that go into so the building of such things. Tinsel strength, sprung and unsprung calculations- My rough and novice estimation would be depending on the over all front end weight, the pitch and yaw the design with that weight that car would generate as well as so many other factors would be relevant. All of those come down to the simple realisation that a heavier car such as a 450 (cast iron) SLC springs if used on a lighter straight six aluminum engine would cause the front end to ride very high considering all other factors to be null or equal. SO... I would think the only way to find out is to be able to compress the springs with a machine that will calculate the force needed to compress said spring at a given rate and depth. I'm guessing here-

21 - 22 of 22 Posts