Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1980 450 SL Vacuum Line

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  gonomo 
#1 ·
I just purchased this vehicle and it idles a little rough so I removed the air cleaner to check the vacuum lines and I found one that does not have a place that I can see to connect, I am not sure what it is and if I can just block it off. I haver attached a photo.

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I cannot find an open port on the intake or a disconnected hose, but I do see a port capped off at the front of the intake manifold. I am not sure why it is capped off, but is that the likely connection point for the WUR? Photo attached. I am hoping the WUR was not disconnected because it is not functioning as it and the air mixture valve are expensive parts to replace Is there an on line service repair manual I can access for this 80 450 SL where I might have rebuild instructions for these parts, if I still have idle
Auto part Engine Fuel line Automotive engine part Vehicle
issues?

Attachments

#8 ·
Thanks, the car still idles a little rough when that elbow is connected to the intake port that had been capped off. The elbow has a white chalky residue in it. I installed new plugs, cap and rotor. I am thinking I need a new warm up regulator. i don’t know how to test it and I hesitate laying down the cash they are asking for a remanufactured if I’m not certain it needs replacing.

#9 ·
^ ^ ^

You may become confused as there were few versions of WUR with various connections appearing similar but not the same

Most important is to quote the WUR part number (embossed) and from that you can see which type of the WUR you have.

1980 was a mixture of shifting K-Jet towards what will result in KE- Jet and some world regions adoptation of different pollution management systems resulting in variety of vacuum stuff appended to the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.