Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help? Am looking at a 79 SL450 they are asking $11,000. The engine is in good shape there are a few things wrong with the interior that will cost around $2000 to fix. It has new paint and 61000 miles on it. Does it sound like it is a good deal?

·
Registered
1987 560SL
2 Posts
Help? Am looking at a 79 SL450 they are asking $11,000. The engine is in good shape there are a few things wrong with the interior that will cost around $2000 to fix. It has new paint and 61000 miles on it. Does it sound like it is a good deal?

I have a 87' 560SL I've resently put up for sale so I've been spending a lot of time researching the value of cars similar. From what I've seen in Phoenix, Scottsdale and on the web, the price on the SL450 seems fair to me as it runs well, the new paint and only 61000-miles. If you haven't already, you may want to take the car into a merecedes mechanic and have them do a "Buyers Inspection". A fellow that absolutely fell in love with my car paid about $100.00 for a two hour buyers inspection. Unfortunately, right in the middle of the inspection he finds out (over his cell phone) that his credit union wouldn't give him the loan. I think if you really love the car and can afford it then go for it.

·
Registered
E430T + 300SL (W107)
346 Posts
Sorry for not sticking to the topic, but those huge bumpers on your SL are discusting. Is...

Sorry for not sticking to the topic, but those huge bumpers on your SL are discusting. Is it illegal to change to the bumpers we have in Europe or why would anyone keep those nasty looking things on their SL?

·
Registered
1987 560SL
2 Posts
Re: Sorry for not sticking to the topic, but those huge bumpers on your SL are discusting. Is

Sorry for not sticking to the topic, but those huge bumpers on your SL are discusting. Is it illegal to change to the bumpers we have in Europe or why would anyone keep those nasty looking things on their SL?
Honestly, it never crossed my mind but I'm sure it's not illegal to change bumpers. Sorry to have offended you with my bumper. Is it illegal to have my bumper in Switzerland? I wonder if I could drive a pepto bizmal pink colored 560SL with a big green saguaro cactus hood orniment there. If that's Ok then maybe you and I could go cruising.

[8D]

·
Registered
E430T + 300SL (W107)
346 Posts
[quote]
Is it illegal to have my bumper in Switzerland? I wonder if I could drive a pept...

Is it illegal to have my bumper in Switzerland? I wonder if I could drive a pepto bizmal pink colored 560SL with a big green saguaro cactus hood orniment there. If that's Ok then maybe you and I could go cruising.
Everything that is not explicitly legal Switzerland is illegal. Very bureaucratic country, and the police has absolutely no humor so I would not try the cactus orniment either.

Reason why I thought it might be illegal to change to European bumpers is that they don’t pass the 5mph crash test that forced Mercedes to add these bumpers to the US market. But maybe this law only applies to a car when it is sold new?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts