Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an off-white coupe, only 62,000 original owner miles, perfect condition, hard top and chocolate brown soft top and would like to know what an accurate appraisal would be so that I can sell it? any ideas.....I believe these are nearly a classic?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: 1979 450 SL coupe convertible appraisal??

Tammy,<br> <br> I am looking for a 450 or 380sl as of late. I have found the the market price is hard to nail down. It seem to have many variaibles. Some of the things to consinder are the following<br> 1. condition - 1 thru 5 rating<br> 2. miles - proof of orginal miles<br> 3. ownership, history <br> 4. complete service/maintance history (proof of replaced parts and yearly maintance)<br> 5. Handling and performance.<br> 6. market appeal<br> 7. current mechanical evaluation<br> <br> These are most of the thing that affect value. if you evaluate these areas you can get a pretty good idea what you might get for car. If after or during the evaluation you would like to give me a call/e-mail to see if I would be intrested please do.<br> <br> thank You<br> frank

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just purchased a 1980 SL with 54K miles in near perfect condition. The advise of fxk is right on the money as there are many factors that will effect the price. I would add the model year on the 450 can add or subtract a few thousand dollars as well. Some of the earlier 450's had mechanical issues and the last model year 1980 is worth a little more. I would speculate your car if everything is 'perfect' would bring somewhere in the $15 -$17K range. <br> <br> Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts