1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1979 300TD wagon,
none of the door windows work, In the wiring diagram
I see a relay between the door window fuses. Where is that relay? I suspect it may be the culprit.
John Gregg

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Rocker Switches

If the car has been sitting out for some time, you might try cleaning the contacts on the rocker switches with some WD-40. The oxidation from sitting out in the damp can prevent the switches from working. I am hoping that you have checked the fuse box already. There too oxidation can cause weird things to happed![:D]

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a single window works fuses are new. I will try to trace it down this weekend. Am quit...

Not a single window works fuses are new. I will try to trace it down this weekend. Am quite pleased that is does run and drive well.The 79 300D wagon is straight, rust free. Has an awful paint job I will have to check voltages to the switches etc. At least the manual sun roof works.
John Gregg
many diesels

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Motors go bad

Those old motors can go bad, but it seems a coincedence that all would go bad. Lots and lots of possibilities, so an amp test would be the beat way to figure it out. Plenty of parts out there for the finding.
[:D]

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dallas salvage yards have many 123 series sedans.
It would be handy to have DC clamp mete...

Dallas salvage yards have many 123 series sedans.
It would be handy to have DC clamp meter for measuring amps, not really expensive anymore.
Park Place in the early 80's had the highest Mercedes volume on the planet
regards,
John Gregg
many diesels

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.