Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I suppose I could go look at a Kelly Blue book but I'm not anywhere near a bookstore at the moment. The online version only goes back to the late 80's.... I think...but here's my question..<br> I'm thinking about buying an old 1979 300CE as a project car and an everyday 'get me around'. Remember the old W123's well this ones the coupe version with an inline 6. There's one here in town. The body is in good condition, .i.e. no rust/dents, but the interior wasn't cared for and the paint has definetly seen it's better day. I'm not sure about the mileage but I would guess roughly 120K. <br> <br> Any opinions as to how much I should offer the used car dealer? He isn't exactly smart on Benzs that old. <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just moved to Seattle and bought a 83 230CE for $850 It is quite rare with the 4 cyl. and 5 speed. It runs great and has only 279K on it. No rust but a few dents.<br> Do all guages work, AC, Heater, Windows etc. My guess would be arounf $2000 but plead ignorance.<br> <br> 83 230 CE<br> Previous 65 190D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Sorry, I meant 1979 280CE

looking for value; no rot a liittle surface rust around 240,000 miles otherwise very clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.