Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1977 450slc. can't get it to run. Battery is charged. gas is in the car. new plugs, wires rotor button, dist cap. replaced coil and resistor. car turns over but will not start. I poured gas in the intake, still no change in start application. what's wrong will this car? the module box electronic on the firewall. is the only part that I haven't checked!<br>can I gewt some techn. help with this problem?<br>thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just had this problem with my car, a 1973 450Sl, first make sure that the car is in TDC, with the rotor pointing to the #1 spark plug, Make sure all your wires are connected correctly on the distributor cap, and check the wire that goes from your distributor to the resistor on the side panel of the driver side next to the coil. I found that inside the coil were the wire attaches was shorting out, I took the coil out put some electrical tape around the insertion of the wire from the inside portion of the coil and then put every thing back together, sure as hake with the first start the car started running.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts