Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1977 450slc. can't get it to run. Battery is charged. gas is in the car. new plugs, wires rotor button, dist cap. replaced coil and resistor. car turns over but will not start. I poured gas in the intake, still no change in start application. what's wrong will this car? the module box electronic on the firewall. is the only part that I haven't checked!<br>can I gewt some techn. help with this problem?<br>thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: I have a 1977 450slc. can't get it to run. Battery is charged. gas is in the car. new plugs, wires rotor button, dist cap. replaced coil and resistor. car turns over but will not start. I poured gas in the intake, still no change in start application. what's wrong with this car? the module box electronic on the firewall. is the only part that I haven't checked!<br>can I need techn. help with this problem. many thanks.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start with the basics. 3 requirements are fuel, air, and spark. You poured fuel in, are the spark plus firing (pull one out, ground it, turn the engine over and see.) If you have fuel and spark then are the cams rotating and the pistons moving? Those internal parts are what pumps the air in and out. You have all 3 (fuel, air, and spark) and it will at least sputter. Getting it to run smooth is now a metter of ignition, injector,and valve timing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts