Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,497 Posts
The attached photo shows a wire coming off the brake reservoir, it is not connected to anything, where does it go?

Thanks,

Scott
Low fluid indicator. I would imagine that a light comes on the dash when the fluid hits a certain level.

You will have to fish around for the other ends. They should be in the main harness that runs along the top of the LH inner fender. Comes out of the firewall and goes towards the LH headlights.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,497 Posts
It goes to a sensor on the master cylinder body. Looks like your master has been replaced with a different one.
Mine doesn't look like that pic either...I've got 2 sensors. But one pig tails to the other and then into the main harness.

·
Registered
1977 450SL
257 Posts
Im not sure what that sensor does but when I was bleeding my brakes a couple of years back my brake warning light in the cluster came on and wouldnt go out. I thought maybe I had screwed up one of the pad sensor wires but they were OK when I checked them. So went looking at the other sensors. When I got to this one I noticed the little nipple in the center of it right by the plug( hard to see in the pic). In that nipple there was a tiny little button that was sticking up. I pushed it back in and the light went out.
So my thought was that is a low pressure sesnor that tripped when it saw the low pressure while manually bleeding the brakes. I pushed the button in and it reset.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts