Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1976 300D
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Solid, good running and driving car. I have owned it for about 3+ years and in that time I have replaced the following:

vacuum shutoff box
water pump
thermostat
fan belts
radiator cap
electric fan switch
driver's side motor mount
transmission filter & pan gasket
nylon shifter bushings
fuel filter
alternator
battery
added E-code halogen headlights
permanent WA collector car registration, vintage plate with repro 1976 license tab

5 cylinder diesel non-turbo engine, with old style 'loop' glow plugs (takes about 40 seconds for cold glow) The car itself is straight, all glass good, some rust on fender bottoms (see photo album)
It drives well, has good torque and power. Odometer gave up the ghost at some point in time, so actual miles are a mystery.
All AC components are present, though I have made no attempt to vacuum or recharge the compressor.
Appears to have been repainted at some point, but has multiple solvent bubbles and is thin/peeling in spots. Still cleans up pretty well.
Not perfect or "mint" but a good example of a neat old car. Please check out the pics.
Clean title in hand. Tacoma area.

cold start
running 1
running 2

·
Premium Member
1967 250 SL, 1965 300SE lang
3,109 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
1976 300D
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have any reason to think it wouldn't make the trip fine. If you can handle the current AC situation, and aren't in a big hurry. :cool:

·
Registered
1976 300D
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Click the link above for more pics. Car has A/C, cruise, vac locks (all of which need attention) and power windows which work fine. No aux fuel tank, though I was unaware that was an option. It's a solid project base with a lot of the heavy lifting done, but it needs someone with the time to sort the small bits. I'm not that someone at the moment. 🙃

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
You're in Washington, where did I get the idea you were in Texas? You're 3051 miles away from me! I wonder if the car is worth the ride?

·
Registered
1976 300D
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
😎 if you like road trips, it would be quite the cruise. (edited thread title to add location, thanks 😀)

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Anyway, I'm trying to get someone to commit to picking up the car without charging me an arm for a leg... I guess you didn't see my last questions about if you still have the original hubcaps and clock?

·
Registered
1976 300D
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry, I may have missed your questions. The clock area has a 'puck' filling the spot, was it an option? (see pics) and the wheels are Bundts, no hubcaps. Are the pic links working OK? Thanks 🙂

1 - 18 of 18 Posts