Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a general introcuction on the FNG forum, but thought I would post here as well since I own a vintage automobile. It's been awhile, but almost have the girl ready to show. Have posted pic's of her on my gallery.

Looking fwd in sharing thouhts with you all.

·
Registered
1998 S210 E320 black/mushroom, 1984 R107 500SL #3904 black/black
58 Posts
Nice photos.

And I like the very unique green exterior. Do you know what the MB color code is?

I remember my 280S as being a little underpowered, until I figured out how to utilize the full potential of the 4-speed automatic.

Best of luck and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1965 220S, 1999 Volvo V70 (wagon), 2006 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 72 350SL 4 Speed
1,830 Posts
Looks like JR Ewing's car, very nice color.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice photos.

And I like the very unique green exterior. Do you know what the MB color code is?

I remember my 280S as being a little underpowered, until I figured out how to utilize the full potential of the 4-speed automatic.

Best of luck and welcome aboard.
The color code is 867H Caledonia Green. One of the "Safety" colors used from 1975-1979. Always looks yellowish in direct light, but green in the shade.

Agree with you on the trans, especially off the line. But when kicking it down the secondaries kick in and boy what fun!

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If your W116 280S was not federalized it would look something
like this:
She is a nice looking Euro model. Mine is a US model with the big cattle bumpers. Always thougt the US model was made to travel Texas. But there is beauty the US model as well. I think the longer bumpers make the vehicle look longer and more tasteful. Whereas the Euro looks more sporty, where the 280S belongs. Both have merits.

Thanks for the picture! Having the body done, very minor, and repainted this winter. All the chome will be replated as well, hopefully she'll look as nice as the Euro.

·
Registered
78 280S, 81 300SD, 82 300D, 92 300E 2.6, 90 260SE, 94 S280, 10 E300,
900 Posts
Nice car you've got there. I am also considering to add a w116 to my Benz collection and I'm also looking at a 76 280S which also a US model car. I prefer the US model to the Euro because I find the big bumpers and twin round headlights so appealing on a W116 that I actually dislike the Euro models. The car that I'm looking at also has green interior but the paint is metallic green which I'm not a big fan of, I prefer your car's color that I plan to paint it the same color as yours if ever I buy and restore it. Maybe the only difference I will make to it is to install white walled tires.

·
Registered
1965 220S, 1999 Volvo V70 (wagon), 2006 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 72 350SL 4 Speed
1,830 Posts
I think JR drove a 450SEL 6.9 :)
Would not mind having one in my garage!
I watched an old episode and the car was shown from the rear. I stopped the DVR and checked, 280S. I think JR should have driven a 6.9.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I watched an old episode and the car was shown from the rear. I stopped the DVR and checked, 280S. I think JR should have driven a 6.9.
I stand corrected brother. Looks like there are a bunch of JR's cars running around:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Nice car you've got there. I am also considering to add a w116 to my Benz collection and I'm also looking at a 76 280S which also a US model car. I prefer the US model to the Euro because I find the big bumpers and twin round headlights so appealing on a W116 that I actually dislike the Euro models. The car that I'm looking at also has green interior but the paint is metallic green which I'm not a big fan of, I prefer your car's color that I plan to paint it the same color as yours if ever I buy and restore it. Maybe the only difference I will make to it is to install white walled tires.
Daghan Salamat! You must live in MM to have such a fine stable. Did Ferdinand own a few Mercedes?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts