Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1976 240D
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last November I bought a 1976 240D thinking it would make a nice commuter car. What I wasn't looking for was a project car but that seems to be what I got. This winter I reset the injection pump timing, installed a new starter, and replaced the vacuum pump diaphragm. The car runs fine now but it consumes oil. I love the looks and feel of the car but I don't have the time to baby it every weekend. Can someone give me advice as to how much this car is worth? What is a good venue to sell it in? Have people here sold vehicles on eBay? That's where I bought it and the previous seller was a crook, I'm a little weary of the whole thing now. Is anyone here interested in a 240D project?

Thank you,
Will

·
Registered
40 Posts
try craigslist.org. make sure that you find the city that is nearest to you. when you go to the website listed above, that takes you to the san fransisco page. the web page for your city will have the name of the city first, then craigslist.org (ex: losangeles.craigslist.org or boston.craigslist.org) click on the cars/trucks link and type in mercedes 240d and see what is listed in your area. you will probably get a good price for that car, as the value is going up.
good luck!!! [:)]

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
You may want to try autotrader.com as well. The prices for the older diesels have gone up. How much oil is it using?

·
Registered
220 D "1970"
43 Posts
1976 MERCEDES-BENZ 240D Eng Fair Good Exc Show Loan
SEDAN 1973-80 2.4/62 4D 1,700 3,000 4,800 7,000 2,500

From Goldbook.com http://www.manheimgold.com/car_lo.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts