Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1984 300D
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1975 300D mercedes and I drove it around for 45minutes and I wasn't paying attention to the engine temp when I parked it in the driveway I looked at the temperature and it was probably hovering around 180-190 and it was smoking and spewing out coolant from the head gasket. I know I overheated it, but what can I do to get it back on the road. My father is going to fix it, but he won't tell me what he is going to fix. And I was wondering what would need to be replaced or Fixed. I never had any problems with it overheating. It is a 5 cylinder engine if that helps. This is my first car and in my dads eyes it will probably be the last. I tried to take care of this car since I got it. I would work on it in Autotech everyday

Attachments

·
Registered
MERCEDES BENZ 123
24 Posts
[:)] im from Roumania and i have an 300d too but made in 1977.please send my a e-mail at my at my adress [email protected] with all your engine problem and will took with my mechanic.I"s an very old gentelmen who repair Mercedes till 1950.

·
Registered
2002 CL 500
222 Posts
sounds like the age old cooked the head gasket problem or the gasket is torn somewhere between the cylinders. easy job it's probably an in line engine just remove head install new gasket acording to procedures. flush engine, put new coolant back. make sure your water pump is also circulating, new thermostat is good too. good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts