Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1984 300D
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1975 300D mercedes and I drove it around for 45minutes and I wasn't paying attention to the engine temp when I parked it in the driveway I looked at the temperature and it was probably hovering around 180-190 and it was smoking and spewing out coolant from the head gasket. I know I overheated it, but what can I do to get it back on the road. My father is going to fix it, but he won't tell me what he is going to fix. And I was wondering what would need to be replaced or Fixed. I never had any problems with it overheating. It is a 5 cylinder engine if that helps. This is my first car and in my dads eyes it will probably be the last. I tried to take car of this car since I got it. I would work on it in Autotech everyday[:(]

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 300sd turbo
267 Posts
offer to work on it with your father,,,,,,,we learn from our mistakes. will help to keep your eye on the temp gauge [:D] good luck
n0rt

·
Registered
3 Posts
you most likely have a blown head gasket....simple as that....you should offer to help your dad... you could learn something, its always cool to see your valves and cams.

·
Registered
1975 300D
7 Posts
I agree with the others, but I do not think that 180-190 deg is much of a concern. I had my 1975 300D out on a long road trip this weekend and my temp was right in that range.:)

By the way, nice non-stock turbo[8D], and VDO washer pump!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts