Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I got talked into buying one... enjoy the car<br>but have several questions, was wondering if someone could help.<br>1) Having AC problems (not good in Texas ) ), but anway when it not leaking freon, the fan does not seem to be that strong, I have had it looked at, but everyone says that this normal, and this model of the 450 just had a lousy fan...<br>2) What is the car worth, if it was in good condition ? it has 110K miles<br>3)was I insane when I bought this car? but it a lovely green color.<p>Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are you still sorry you bought this car? I am looking at a beautiful 1978 450 SL and wondering if it is worth trading in my 98 Honda Civic for. <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 1973 450 SL and really enjoy it. The A/C works great with the hardtop on but it will not cool like a late model car. The A/C comes out of only the center vents. Also good rubber seals on doors/window helps a lot.<br> <br> Thinking about buying another one for my wife she wants her own.<br> <br> Approximent value is 3 to 4 thousand maybe trade in value (this is a value like blue book) Your care in ok to good condition in Kansas should bring about 10,000 dollars. If it is exceptional it is worth about $14,000 dollars.<br> <br> If like new inside and out plus under the hood it could be worth about 20,000 to 23,000 dollars(this would be almost show car clean)<br> <br> I am working on making my car look dealer show room clean plus running as good as new.<br> <br> Fist Mercedes that I have ever owned and looks like I am hooked....<Grin><br> <br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A SECOND SL????I HAVE A BROWN 75 450SL. 95,000 MI., 2 SETS OF WHEELS, ALLOY AND STEEL, MB SHEEP SKINS, NEW BILSTEINS IN REAR, NEW REAR PADS/ROTORS, NEW HORNS, NEW FRONT BUMPER CHROME/FOG LIGHTS/SIGNAL LENSES AND HOUSINGS, ALL FRONT RUBBER MOULDINGS, IN DASH CASSETTE AND 10 DISK CD IN TRUNK, 2 TOPS. CAR IS DARK BROWN AND A NICE LOOKER. MOST OF ALL, THE FLOOR BOARDS ARE FULLY IN TACT UNLIKE MANY OTHER SL'S WHICH ARE NOTORIOUS FOR THEIR RUST! $6500.00 NEO. GUY @ 908-405-2192c. I HAVE A 94 S420 AND A GARAGED KEPT DIAMOND BLUE 1992 300SL w 34,000 MI ON THE WAY.....NO ROOM TO STORE...CAN YOU HELP ME FIND A GOOD HOME FOR MY 75 450SL?

·
Registered
1976 Mercedes Benz 450SL
1 Posts
Hi,
I have a '76 Mercedes Benz 450SL. The car hasn't run for over three years. I managed to start the engine, but it's hard to start, even if the car is cold or hot. It cranks too long before it starts. I changed the fuel pump, the fuel filter, and flushed the gas tank. This morning i discovered that there is leakage from the fuel house between the fuel filter and the fuel pressure accumulator. The car has very low speed. I can keep the car running only if I manually press the throttle lid and accelerate. The pump makes a strange noise. Thanks for your help.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,897 Posts
Welcome to the forum - and please check the Encyclopedia Germanica v. 107 and the "This damned old car" stickies at the top of the forum.

Also, we'd like to know where you're located. It would be helpful if you included the MY and car type as well as location under your screen name (then you wouldn't have to provide it each time you post). You can add this info in the User Control Panel (User CP) at te top of each page..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts