Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I started to go through the boxes of parts this weekend and took some pictures. I still have quite a bit of stuff to sort through and will be posting the pictures as I do. I also added a few of the spares that I don't need any more so let me know if there is anything you are interested in and I can take more detailed photos. The last photo is of passenger side exhaust manifold.
I am interested in the ECU. Please PM me. thanks

Regards
Sam

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No, currently Augusta, GA.
I have several ECU's that I have accumulated during the years as spares. Some are tested and working and some are unknown. Some are from sedans and will work fine in a SL or SLC but have different mounting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here are the parts I would like:
sun visor, dashboard radio speaker grilles, driver side right seat belt receptacle, both front floor wells, trunk spare tire well, the metal clip that holds the front end of the rubber side strip
Unfortunately I do not think I have any of the items that you mentioned. The car had no floors or trunk to speak of due to rust damage and the interior was also severely weather beaten. I still have quite a few boxes to go through and if I find some of the smaller items you mentioned, I will post a photo.

G

·
0 Posts
I need the little plastic label with PRNDSL on it next to the shifter. Any chance it is in usable shape?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
450 parts 9.jpg

450sl parts 10.jpg
1973 450sl front calipers on top and the ones I found in the trunk below them. The originals are different and smaller. Almost like rear calipers. The others seem from a later model(they are the same as on my 1975) and were probably intended as an upgrade by the PO. It looks like someone rebuild them at some point but I would not trust it as they have been sitting for a long time and in my opinion are only good as a candidate for another rebuild. One of the knowledgeable people here on the forum might know when the switch was made by the Mercedes. This particular 450sl also had no passenger side rear view mirror or headrests.
The steering gear box moves freely but I have no idea how loose it is. Another rebuild/reseal candidate?
These items are heavy and I would prefer a pick up but will ship if needed.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,468 Posts
The exhaust manifold is from 1973(no cats) 450sl.
Something is not right with that. I only see two port connections. Is it the angle? I'll go look at my spares.

Edit. It is the angle and position that makes it look strange. Sorry for the interruption.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I need the little plastic label with PRNDSL on it next to the shifter. Any chance it is in usable shape?
I will let you know tomorrow. I do believe I removed the whole shifter assembly but don't remember what condition it was in.

G

·
0 Posts
yes, but I only need the label under the clear plastic with the PRNDSL lettering on it. I don't need the whole thing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Would you have at least one of the battery hold down straps? They are metal and hold the lid on the plastic battery box in the trunk

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
14 Participants
IvanGrozny
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing