Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found this early R107 in a South Carolina field. The owner would not part it out and insisted on selling it as a whole. It is beyond saving as the rust has taken it's toll. However, it still has quite a few good parts to keep other R107s on the road. I have taken some parts that I need for my own projects and will be sending it to the crusher shortly. I am not looking to make money, just trying to recoup some of the cost of purchasing/towing. Let me know if you need anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
Is the instrument cluster in good shape?
How about the headlight assemblies?
Is the radiator solid or does it leak? How corroded is the radiator?
Where are you in relation to Wisconsin?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The engine in the '73 is already gone, but after I finish the engine swap on my '75, I will have that motor available. It is in good running shape and it is currently my daily driver. I just don't know if it is worth shipping it to CA.

·
Registered
9,652 Posts
Will you be cutting this up soon. I could use the complete center tunnel area.

There is a plate that goes between the muffler and drive shaft. Its about 3 ft long and the tunnel is welded to it. I need that plate and tunnel and about 6" of floor to either side of the plate, and all the parking brake brackets that attach to the tunnel and plate. I am sill interested in those seat rails when you get some time.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
How are the door cards, trunk carpet, kick panels? BH is in need of some transplants...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I apologize to all of those who inquired about parts on this car. Unfortunately I had some serious medical issues and had to put the rest of my life on hold for a while. I am back now and just started to sort out through the parts I managed to remove from the car and store. The rest of the car is gone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Curiously this particular car came with only a driver side mirror and a cover plate where passenger mirror should be. I don't know if this might have been an option on early imports or if this was originally a Euro model.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I might have some seat parts in one of the boxes. Is this the elbow plate that connects and articulates bottom and back part of the seat?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I started to go through the boxes of parts this weekend and took some pictures. I still have quite a bit of stuff to sort through and will be posting the pictures as I do. I also added a few of the spares that I don't need any more so let me know if there is anything you are interested in and I can take more detailed photos. The last photo is of passenger side exhaust manifold.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here are the parts I would like:
sun visor, dashboard radio speaker grilles, driver side right seat belt receptacle, both front floor wells, trunk spare tire well, the metal clip that holds the front end of the rubber side strip

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
14 Participants
IvanGrozny
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing