Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New gas tank, filter and fuel pump. I cleaned and tested the fuel injectors, cleaned out the fuel rails. .. I had to install a Holly fuel pressure regulator with a return line, , because no one has the original stock regulators. There is a pressure gage on the regulator and the only way that i can get the engine to run is to set the fuel pressure to 75 psi, it dies out below 60psi, i believe that 28-30 psi is what the pros recommend , also it does not run properly at that high pressure. I would sincerely appreciate any suggestions and feedback, Thanks Al

·
Registered
1987 300SL
1,459 Posts
And by running after 25 years, does that mean it sat somewhere and wasn't used for 25 years and you're getting it going again?

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
83 280 SL- 5 speed-The PIG
32,153 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
83 280 SL- 5 speed-The PIG
32,153 Posts
If you haven't done it already....please complete your profile with year and model.

Trust me....this will help you in the long run.

---->click on your icon (top right hand corner of your screen)
----> click on Account Settings
---->go to Account Details
----> add vehicle details
---->ADD your make model YEAR
----> click save.

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
12,265 Posts
You have to install a fuel pressure regulator on the fuel return line that will maintain a pressure of about 30psig in the rails. The pump should be a djet pump that will flow 1 l/30sec against that 30 psig pressure. Wasting your time until you have that.

Reactions: nobby
1 - 6 of 6 Posts