Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 1972 w108 280SE with a m130 mfi engine.There is fuel coming into the injection pump and fuel returning to the tank.Fuel pressure to the injection pump is around 14 psi.But there is no fuel coming out.That is no fuel going to the injectors.I can feel the solenoid coming on and have tried to start the car with 12 volts jumped to the injector pump solenoid and still have no fuel coming out.When I disconnect the cold start valve I do get fuel for a second or two and the engine starts but then dies.Does anybody know what step i should take next
Thanks Jim.

·
Premium Member
1967 250 SL, 1965 300SE lang
3,043 Posts
sl113.org

·
Registered
1991 560sec. 1969 280SL
1,131 Posts
On the F/injection pump at the outlets to the lines that go to the injectors there are pop valves that are probably stuck shut. Remove all the lines at these ports. Next remove all the pop valves from the pump. Next clean and blow out the pop valves with compressed air and each should pop internally. Once all are clean and popped reinstall the valves and the lines in reverse order. After carrying out this procedure you may also have to bleed the lines at the injectors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks yea I did this.I was still getting no gas thru pump.So I disconnected the fuel shut off to the pump lo and behold I started getting fuel.So I took off the lines to the injectors and primed them and I had gas coming thru.So I hooked them back up.The car started and ran till it got up to temp.(with my foot on the throttle)it did not sound too good.As soon as I let off the throttle the car died.I pulled the plugs they were wet with fuel so it appears to be flooded.I took out the small plug to the cold start solenoid and cranked I got fuel for a second .I unhooked the wire and cranked no gas thru screw.I unhooked the input to the csv put a hose to it and blew thru it it did not go thru so I am assuming that the csv is closed when the wire is off and no gas is getting thru it when the wire is disconnected.I went to the pump and turned the idle screw four turns to lean cleaned plugs and restarted it same thing.still flooded but plugs didn't seem as wet actually only three were wet the other three were fouled with carbon very rich.cleaned the plugs again started still the same.I am at a total loss and don't know what to do next.

·
Registered
1991 560sec. 1969 280SL
1,131 Posts
It probably needs the injectors to be cleaned or replaced. You could remove the injectors and send them out for testing. Cleaning with a sonic cleaner from Harbor Freight you can even buy an injector tester and check the spray pattern yourself. The fuel exiting the injector should be atomized in a nice spray.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Warm up regulator stuck in the cold position. Take the small air filter off and test for vacuum. Once your engine is warmed it should shut off fully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts