Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No way. This car could be flipped for 35-40k AS IS. If someone put a little money into it, the value could be astronomical. I've been contacted by 3 German parties interested in buying the car. I have to believe if this car in its condition wasnt VERY rare, they would just buy one there. Amazing records. 2 Original owners. This car is a steal at $30k. Although, it seems like I might have to budge on that number.

I'm accepting any reasonable offers to the email i gave above.

All the best!

·
Registered
4 Posts
No way. This car could be flipped for 35-40k AS IS. If someone put a little money into it, the value could be astronomical. I've been contacted by 3 German parties interested in buying the car. I have to believe if this car in its condition wasnt VERY rare, they would just buy one there. Amazing records. 2 Original owners. This car is a steal at $30k. Although, it seems like I might have to budge on that number.

All the best!
I think you will find the only thing astronomical is the restoration costs, not what you get for it in the end. A select few cars are worth 6-digit restorations, but in terms of profit the 300 SEL certainly isnt one of them.

Regarding your assessment that its worth 35-40k AS IS. Says who? Rudolph the raindeer? If it could be flipped for that as-is, why havent it sold already? Its worth what the market says its worth, being a "family heirloom" means the square root of sweet FA to a buyer.

I always freeze in my steps whenever someone tell me "this could be sold for twice this amount AS-IS tomorrow!" Well, why are you selling it so cheap then?

I`d say the value of the car is somewhere between 15 and 25k depending on the mechanicals.

Good luck with the sale!

·
Premium Member
1989 560sec 6.0L AMG & Renntech
2,355 Posts

All the best!
If you've got 3 people all lined up to pay silly money, then why don't you just sell it already? :confused:

In it's condition, a fair price is around $20k give or take a little.

·
W201, W212, W221, & W222 Moderator
'84 Euro 500SE, '85 Euro 2.3-16, '51 Euro 170S, '97 Jeep Wrangler Sport, '15 G63 AMG
8,505 Posts
If you've got 3 people all lined up to pay silly money, then why don't you just sell it already? :confused:

In it's condition, a fair price is around $20k give or take a little.
Some people make up their own markets in their heads.

·
Premium Member
1989 560sec 6.0L AMG & Renntech
2,355 Posts
Some people make up their own markets in their heads.
No way man, those people have to be real! People never lie about anything on the interwebs! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
No way. This car could be flipped for 35-40k AS IS. This car is a steal at $30k. Although, it seems like I might have to budge on that number.
If it could be flipped for 35-40 grand, why are you on here trying to flip it for 10 grand less? If something is a steal, then it will sell like warm waffles on a cold winter day, u`d get rid in a day. So maybe not such a steal at 30 grand after all?

You have to ignore the sentimental value this car holds for you, as it obviously it way higher than what the car is worth.

As far as the PDF-dossier goes, you dont have to sell the car to prospective buyers twice. that file should contain information about the technical condition of the car and needs and wants, not what an awesome car it is.
Soccer moms aint on here browsing for an ML and suddenly decides on a 300 SEL, those clicking that file already knows the history of this car.

Bottom line - Get a realistic quote from a reknowned classic dealer, quote him on here and take it from there.
I cant be arsed with the daydreaming.

·
W201, W212, W221, & W222 Moderator
'84 Euro 500SE, '85 Euro 2.3-16, '51 Euro 170S, '97 Jeep Wrangler Sport, '15 G63 AMG
8,505 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts