Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted some new pictures of this vehicle on the website. The new pictures are at the bottom of the page. I took them today when we had about 15 minutes of sun!! For those of you who doubt the legitimacy of this vehicle I will once again say it is the "Real Deal". I wish I were capable of taking care of it in the manner it should be saved and maintained but I think a serious collector or a museum is where this belongs....not as a grocery getter. I think it's absolutely gorgeous and the air suspension does work and stays up for 3 to 4 days. Thanks for your interest......

http://dnelson.ranchoweb.com/benz.html

·
Registered
'82 380SL+'02 ML320
188 Posts
Absolutely Incredible, and what a testament to your Dad and how you feel about him. Here are a couple of things you might consider...

1. Sell it to me for $10k. or
2. Figure out a way to reach the European market; with the strong Euro, your price will probably be higher. I see it on ebay every day.
3. Put it in Hemmings with the full color.
4. Put it in Robb Report.
5. Sell it to me for $9k.
6. Contact this expert in Woxall PA http://www.mbgrand600.com/
7. Sell it to me for $8k.

Better act fast, my price is falling.

Keep us informed....

·
Registered
67 300 SEL, 85 500 SEL, 90 420 SEL
170 Posts
Hi,

absolutely mindbogling car.
I am not a big fan of the colors, especially the interior color, but the condition and the low mileage are breathtaking.
If the suspension only stays up for 3 or 4 days, you
DO have a problem. It should stay up for at least
6 months (yes months, no typo) if everything is
working well. I have the same problem in my 67 300
SEL right now and it is a leaking right front control
valve. Approx. $ 650.-- for a rebuilt one plus labor.
Try to market your car in Europe. With the very weak US dollar, it makes a lot of sense for Europeans to buy a car here in the states.
Good luck with your car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 1978 450SEL was sold at the same exact dealership. Did all those papers survive all this time or were you able to get copies of all that paperwork.

That is an impressive car. If I had the funds for it, I would be your first serious buyer. If you still have it within 6 months, I will be offering you the 10k proposed above.

Take care,
Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts