Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1971 280 S
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for the info. I finally checked the fuses and the fuse for the blower burns as soon as I move the lever to turn on the blower. I can't find a diagram of where the motor is located. I want to at least disconnect the motor so the fuse can power the brake lights.

·
Registered
1971 280 S
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the information. I didn't get to test the switch yet because I'm working on the brakes.

I ordered a caliper rebuild kit and received the only one they had listed for my vehicle, but the kit is for larger pistons than what I have. My calipers do not have the thin metal piece that came with the kit. My pistons are 2.25 inches and the outer seal needs to fit the caliper at 2.50 inches. The 15115 kit is larger than what I have. I do have ATE calipers.

·
Registered
1989 300CE & 1971 280SE; 73.5 911T
151 Posts
You can sometimes free up the caliper pistons by removing the calipers from their mounting (hang them with a bungee cord) and placing a short section of 2x4 wood between the pistons.
Press on the brake pedal until the fluid pressure pushes out the pistons. Lube with some brake grease.
May or may not work, costs only your labor.

·
Registered
1971 280 S
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I appreciate the suggestion but I'm beyond that point. The caliper is dissassembled. I think I found the correct kit. I'll know this week.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts