Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is from the Haynes manual
It looks like there are about 6 plastic clips that secure the top cap to the metal frame through slots.
Just guessing, but it looks like they prise upwards.
When you have the new piece, see how it attaches- you may need to buy clips, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is from the Haynes manual
It looks like there are about 6 plastic clips that secure the top cap to the metal frame through slots.
Just guessing, but it looks like they prise upwards.
When you have the new piece, see how it attaches- you may need to buy clips, too.
Thanks. I have the Haynes manual but it didn't seem very clear to me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
will just pop off with correct pressure at attachments, make sure you remove door lock cover . The metal clips unless rusted, typically can be reformed and used

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks. I have the Haynes manual but it didn't seem very clear to me.

If you get under one of the ends with a plastic panel removal tool, it will probably just pop loose.

When I removed the dash wood surround by the windshield, I had to remove the 2 trim covers above the A-pillars- they both just popped off easily.

If you look at how the clips attach to your new trim piece, it should be obvious how it is removed & replaced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you get under one of the ends with a plastic panel removal tool, it will probably just pop loose.

When I removed the dash wood surround by the windshield, I had to remove the 2 trim covers above the A-pillars- they both just popped off easily.

If you look at how the clips attach to your new trim piece, it should be obvious how it is removed & replaced.
I just bought a set of interior panel tools so I'm hoping it pops loose without much effort.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have a new door cap? If so, you can look at the underside and see where the clips will be. The only danger in removing the door clap is cracking the fiber board, and if yours is already broken then you don't really have to worry about that much...
Thanks for the input. I do have a replacement cap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts