Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 1968 220D and I have some questions:<br>Please help me if you can. Thanks in advance--<br>What should the oil pressure be @normal operating temp @idle, mine is alittle below 30, but pegs @about 1800 rmps?<br>What is the capacity of my fuel tank?<br>What is the expected fuel consumption, I get about 35+ MPG?<br>How often should I change and clean the oil-bath air cleaner?<br>Where can I get used parts on the internet ect.?<br>Where can I get restoration stuff like window seals, door seals etc.<br>Is there an owners group just for these diesel moters?<p>Thanks<p><p><p><p><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: Just picked up a 1968 220D and I have some questions:<br>Please help me if you can. Thanks in advance--<br>What should the oil pressure be @normal operating temp @idle, mine is alittle below 30, but pegs @about 1800 rmps?<br>What is the capacity of my fuel tank?<br>What is the expected fuel consumption, I get about 35+ MPG?<br>How often should I change and clean the oil-bath air cleaner?<br>Where can I get used parts on the internet ect.?<br>Where can I get restoration stuff like window seals, door seals etc.<br>Is there an owners group just for these diesel moters?<p>Thanks<p><p><p><p><br> <br>I also just bought a 220D, 1972, with the manual. The oil pressure on mine is about the same as yours. The fuel tank is listed as 66 liters, plus 3 liters reserve (about 17.4 gallons, plus nearly a gallon reserve).<p>I'm still on my first fillup, so don't know what mileage to expect. The manual states: "7.0 to 9.5 liters per 100 km", which translates to 1.85 to 2.5 gallons per 62 miles, or, 24.8 to 33.5 miles per gallon.<p>The manual says "check oil level and replenish" every 3000 miles.<p>Regarding your other questions, I'm just starting to learn a bit myself.<br>Jeff in Torrance, CA<br>

·
Registered
10 GLK 350 4Matic
704 Posts
You might get more, and better responses by taking the time to register a profile then post your question in the correct forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts