Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi dear friends, I will be honest, my dad owns a car an mb 1967 250sl, its the only owner of the car from all these years.. the car must be about 40.000 miles or 60.000 km, he uses it very few times, like two years ago we start to repair the car (the car wasnt starting) we change with a mechanic the fuel tank, the fuel pump, installed air filter, fuel filter and all the injector was replaced as well, all from mbmiller.com internet of course.. now the mechanic says the injection pump is not working properly and the only guy who repaired this kind of pump. is leaving the bussiness, unninstalling all his equipment and leaving an empty space to all the people who owns one of this car..

I Have read a little about the injection pump itselfs.. I know is the same model for 230-250-280 and also know that use a cilinder for each injector. the problem is not the parts itselfs.. is to find someone who really knows what is going wrong and repair it.

I would be very glad if you give me some advice, I repeat, only owner, not crashed, very few used car...

I will try to take a pic from the injection pump itself but that will be next week.. thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1991 300D 116,000m
730 Posts
Please, let me take this one.....

Click on UserCP and complete your profile so we know where you are located.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please, let me take this one.....

Click on UserCP and complete your profile so we know where you are located.
am at venezuela, but I can send the part to miami, and there is no problem for me to import the injection pump, from outside my country... the real thing is that I looked up the item at ebay and all the mb house dealers and they only offer used one.. I would be glad to hear any solution

·
Registered
99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB
2,282 Posts
Hi dear friends, I will be honest, my dad owns a car an mb 1967 250sl, its the only owner of the car from all these years.. the car must be about 40.000 miles or 60.000 km, he uses it very few times, like two years ago we start to repair the car (the car wasnt starting) we change with a mechanic the fuel tank, the fuel pump, installed air filter, fuel filter and all the injector was replaced as well, all from mbmiller.com internet of course.. now the mechanic says the injection pump is not working properly and the only guy who repaired this kind of pump. is leaving the bussiness, unninstalling all his equipment and leaving an empty space to all the people who owns one of this car..

I Have read a little about the injection pump itselfs.. I know is the same model for 230-250-280 and also know that use a cilinder for each injector. the problem is not the parts itselfs.. is to find someone who really knows what is going wrong and repair it.

I would be very glad if you give me some advice, I repeat, only owner, not crashed, very few used car...

I will try to take a pic from the injection pump itself but that will be next week.. thanks a lot.
Everything you want to know in detail is on this site...
Suggest you join as the site has many in depth technical articles.

Welcome - Mercedes Benz 230SL, 250SL, 280SL Pagoda Group

Here's one article....

http://www.sl113.org/wiki/Fuel/Injection

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everything you want to know in detail is on this site...
Suggest you join as the site has many in depth technical articles.

Welcome - Mercedes Benz 230SL, 250SL, 280SL Pagoda Group

Here's one article....

Pagoda SL Group Technical Manual :: Fuel / Injection

HI...
I JUST TALK TO Mercedes Benz Parts & Accessories - Adsit Company Inc. AND they told me ..
Rebuilt fuel injection pump - $2595 plus $500 core deposit

but how does it work? how can I get back those 500$ ? in my country there is not such kind of warranty.. or deals.. if some could explain it to me..

·
Registered
1991 300E
601 Posts
HI...
I JUST TALK TO Mercedes Benz Parts & Accessories - Adsit Company Inc. AND they told me ..
Rebuilt fuel injection pump - $2595 plus $500 core deposit but how does it work? how can I get back those 500$ ? in my country there is not such kind of warranty.. or deals.. if some could explain it to me..
You send them your old injector pump once you've installed the rebuilt one, they then refund the $500 to you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You send them your old injector pump once you've installed the rebuilt one, they then refund the $500 to you.
noooo thanks I really dont want to do that.. .. maybe you dont believe me, but my father never used that car,.. I think he just run away with that car a few times.. the most part of time the car was parked in private site.. getting old and dust.. so I could use some help to test if the injection pump is working. is there any way to figure it out?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Total waste of time sending the injection piump to Adsitco because they send it to Gus Pfister at Pacific Fuel Injection in South San Francisco.
Send the injection pump directly to Gus and he will invoice you for the repairs when it is ready. He does pumps from all over the world so Venezuela is not a problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
forgive my ignorance. But i thought sl was the carb version and se was the mechanical fuel injection version. Am I wrong?

I really dont know all the version, my dad owns a 250sl and there is not carburator anywhere.. only the injectors... my dad is always happy saying this old car uses that technology since those days..

·
Registered
W111 Coupe
1,214 Posts
... we change with a mechanic the fuel tank, the fuel pump, installed air filter, fuel filter and all the injector was replaced as well, all from mbmiller.com internet of course.. now the mechanic says the injection pump is not working properly and the only guy who repaired this kind of pump. is leaving the bussiness, unninstalling all his equipment and leaving an empty space to all the people who owns one of this car..
It looks like you have embarked in that approach consisting of replacing parts until it works. I would suggest you find a competent mechanic able to do a precise diagnosis of the problem. These injection pumps are very reliable and I doubt it needs a rebuild at only 60.000 kms. You don't want to pay big money only to find out afterwards the problem was something else that could have been sorted out for a fraction of the expense. May be it's just the rack which is gummed up due to lack of use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Total waste of time sending the injection piump to Adsitco because they send it to Gus Pfister at Pacific Fuel Injection in South San Francisco.
Send the injection pump directly to Gus and he will invoice you for the repairs when it is ready. He does pumps from all over the world so Venezuela is not a problem.
the only way to talk to gus is trought phone?
is there any other way.. if not.. i will call him tomorrow

·
Registered
64' 220SEc, 72' 300SEL 6.3, lots of parts
512 Posts
Correct response,
it may be cheaper to diagnose first,

to check the rack, pull off the ball end actuator rods, with engine idling, move both air and fuel arms by hand and observe if you can make them sync and gain rpm, then re-connect and observe.
If the rack is stuck it is easily cleaned and freed-up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Correct response,
it may be cheaper to diagnose first,

to check the rack, pull off the ball end actuator rods, with engine idling, move both air and fuel arms by hand and observe if you can make them sync and gain rpm, then re-connect and observe.
If the rack is stuck it is easily cleaned and freed-up.

after too much ask in my country I get in touch with a Mb Owner who told me, is not possible that pump is damage.. unmount it if its neccesary, then calibrate it and get into its place again... so next days.. am gonna check if I can get it to works ... i will post my comments later.

thanks any help would be glad

·
Registered
4 Posts
63 sl fuel pump

Hi,

I'm kind of a novice but fairly mechanical. I am rebuilding my fuel pump on my 63 230sl (the later version). Do you know where I can find the parts for the rebuild?

thanks
bob

·
Registered
W111 Coupe
1,214 Posts
Hi,

I'm kind of a novice but fairly mechanical. I am rebuilding my fuel pump on my 63 230sl (the later version). Do you know where I can find the parts for the rebuild?

thanks
bob

Are you talking about the injection pump (on the engine) or the fuel pump (next to the gas tank)?

I have a New Old Stock original MB/Bosh equipment still in its box, never used, for sale if you need it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is the fuel pump next to the tank. I've got it off and taken apart and cleaned up. Right now I'm looking for the parts for a rebuild. I'm having trouble finding a place to buy them. I know George has a kit, but I can't seem to find his contact information.

Thanks
Bob

Are you talking about the injection pump (on the engine) or the fuel pump (next to the gas tank)?

I have a New Old Stock original MB/Bosh equipment still in its box, never used, for sale if you need it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts