Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 1966 Mercedes 250 SE hardtop with a sunroof. The engine was overhauled by a previous owner, but the car was never finished. The body is good and free of the major rust spots that typically befall this model. The interior is all there, but the leather seats will need to be recovered. With a little attention it could be a solid car, but I don’t have time and have decided to move on to other things in life.

I am asking $6400, but am willing to negotiate – just no super lowball offers please.

Please note that this is a project car and currently does not run. It will have to be hauled away by the buyer.

Give me a call at 714-330-7782 or email at naples76 at hotmail.

Attachments

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,149 Posts
Allow me to display my ignorance on this model, but in the engine pic, I see a dist, and spark plugs and what looks like an injection pump???

·
Registered
239 Posts
MFI Mechanical fuel injection. I think Porsche was probably the last to use it in gasoline cars. Not sure how the new stuff works.

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,149 Posts
MFI Mechanical fuel injection. I think Porsche was probably the last to use it in gasoline cars. Not sure how the new stuff works.
Well I'll be d****d... I didn't know such a benz was around. Cool, I guess. Kinda like the airbox vettes?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks. Others have commented to me that the fuel injection is one of the cleanest they've seen. This, along with the engine, was overhauled by a previous owner. If only I had the time to continue the restoration, I think it would be a very nice car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts