1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1966 250sS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1966/Interior help!

Hello my fellow members!

It is time I get started on my new project... with that being said, I could really use some help/advice and just be pointed in the right direction. I will be doing my own research BUT I much rather get trusted/experienced advice from you guys of course.

I've deceived to start off in the inside of the car, I want to do full interior job . I want to keep the original color (green) the car came with. I have rips,holes and faded seats. I also want to redo the carpet. It came in a darker white/tan color carpet. I really want to just use black carpet instead but I don't know if that's some crime to some of you hardcore fans.

I guess just finding the right stuff. The wood trim is had its time, it hangs out of shape. doesn't lay right on the dash and just small details I want to fix. More so the seats and carpet right now.

Like always, I really appreciate all the help and time. I'm very excited to get this started as this will be one of MANY things I will be doing to my beloved first Mercedes Benz project.

Pictures to follow to show you what I'm working with! below <><>

Cliff notes :
-wanting to redo my seats in the original green
-wanting to redo carpet but in black instead of the tan color
-Where/Whats the best way to go about this process?

And a couple extra (FUN) pictures to show you how much I LOOOOVE my new car!!!:surrender:

My favorite picture of me driving it! :D

Again, thank you!

·
Registered
1968 250SE S-Class. 1988 560SEC S-Class Widebody
821 Posts
interior's can be pricey to re-do, there is kits available from below link for new seat covers, i believe you can get both Leather and MB-Tex (a synthetic leather) which is what your seems to be, very hardwearing and carefree compared to leather

Mercedes Benz W108, W109 Sedan Upholstery, Seats, Carpets, Interior Panels, Convertible Tops, Floor Mats, Headliners and Other Trim Accessories from World Upholstery and Trim

your green seems to be listed in vinyl colors but they say not all colors are available, so worth asking

Mercedes interior colors 1966

They will def have a carpet kit, but I think make sure you get the legit german loop style not some fluffy looking house carpet thing

great car, nice pics and i do like that green interior!

·
Registered
73 280SE 4.5, 71 300SEL, 03 BMW Z4, 72 Fiat 850, 80 Triumph TR7, 85 Porsche 911
2,280 Posts
Faded seats - watch ebay or look in a local junk yard for a lighter color seat cover. Using acetone (nail polish remover), scrub the thing until all wax, armorall or other protectants are gone. redye the seats using premixed sprays you can get for about $30 a can (I've gone down this road). Some applications use a spray primer or meterial prep. It helps the dye stick.

For the wood, you can either try to reglue to delaminated pieces back together (might be tough) or just find replacement stuff on eBay. I did a combo of both and used the best of all the pieces.

For carpets, order a big roll through Autozone, or even your local carpet company and cut it to the right sizes, using the old stuff as a template. Glue the new pieces to the floor using contact cement.

nice color, by the way. I can honestly say I've never seen that color inside a Benz :)

·
Registered
1966 250sS
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks for all the helpful advice and tips. I plan on doing this soon so everyone's 2cents means a great deal to me. Like I said, I'm new to this so I just don't want to make 10 wrong mistakes for 1 good one.

I appreciate all the comments!

I will for sure upload pictures when I get the inside redone! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts