Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi finny fans! I have a beautiful 1962 220s for sale in Portland, Oregon. It runs, drives and stops. I recently had the brake booster rebuilt and the brake system checked completely. Its a 4 speed on the column, and the front seats have been redone nicely. This model has the maximum chrome, and it's gorgeous. My mechanic said it's a nice example of it's type, given that these usually have tons of rust. This one only has a little, and the undercarriage looks pretty good. Currently has WA plates and title, but I can register it in my name in OR if the buyer wants.

It has a few needs like most fintails. Happy to discuss them with interested parties. Come take it for a test drive!

Asking $5000 OBO

Will consider trades!

·
Registered
97 SL500, 98 E320 Wagon, 2002 ML500 - former W108/W112/W114/W123/W124/W126/W140/W220
6,252 Posts
More pictures. Lots more pictures, please. Or a link to somewhere that we can see them.

And please clarify "a little" rust. There are specific areas on these cars such as the front ends of the rocker panels that rust and hide extensive structural rust in doing so. Door bottoms, fender edges, etc., are all spots where these rust

Nice looking finnie. Love the color. No interest without lots of pictures. There's so much more to be considered that a single beauty shot tells little about the car.

·
Registered
'99 Range Rover ~ '01 Land Rover ~ '06 Mercedes e350 ~ '76 Mercedes 280C
403 Posts
Damn whatever happened to going to look at something......I advertise stuff locally and people 10 min away want photos after photos. If too far to take a minute to drive and lay eyes on it then it's not worth it to pursue..... I'm on the other coast so even with 100 photos it's not for me so I won't waste your time seller. Good luck ....that's a STEAL

·
Registered
97 SL500, 98 E320 Wagon, 2002 ML500 - former W108/W112/W114/W123/W124/W126/W140/W220
6,252 Posts
Damn whatever happened to going to look at something......I advertise stuff locally and people 10 min away want photos after photos. If too far to take a minute to drive and lay eyes on it then it's not worth it to pursue..... I'm on the other coast so even with 100 photos it's not for me so I won't waste your time seller. Good luck ....that's a STEAL
It's across the country for me. I'm a legitimate buyer - I have people in nearly every state that are probably close enough to anything I'm interested in to look at, but I'm not going to waste their time and the seller's if the car has issues. I just bought a 65 220SEb about a year ago, restored it and sold it on Bring A Trailer, and I might be looking for another project. I'm not going to bother if I can't get a good idea of the overall condition, not something anyone can assess from a single photo who's origin isn't established. Anyone who would buy a car under those circumstances deserves to be taken.

And it's not a "steal". The pricing for an unrestored plain "S" model like this is pretty much in this range, based on initial observations. If it were an SE, had more pictures, was rust free and had some provenance it would command more money.

Not every nice old car is worth BaT "crack" money.

·
Registered
'99 Range Rover ~ '01 Land Rover ~ '06 Mercedes e350 ~ '76 Mercedes 280C
403 Posts
Yada yada yada

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More pictures. Lots more pictures, please. Or a link to somewhere that we can see them.

And please clarify "a little" rust. There are specific areas on these cars such as the front ends of the rocker panels that rust and hide extensive structural rust in doing so. Door bottoms, fender edges, etc., are all spots where these rust

Nice looking finnie. Love the color. No interest without lots of pictures. There's so much more to be considered that a single beauty shot tells little about the car.
More pics and info coming tonight, this is what I had time for earlier.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I'll post some detailed condition info tomorrow.

Thanks,
ryan

·
Premium Member
1967 250 SL, 1965 300SE lang
3,033 Posts
Looks like a nice car with a good price.

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
Agree with Scoot. Nice solid example and you've priced it fairly. To get it "BaT worthy" would take many thousands of dollars more.

This would be a great rolling restoration candidate.

Good luck with the sale, it's a really nice car.

Dan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Agree with Scoot. Nice solid example and you've priced it fairly. To get it "BaT worthy" would take many thousands of dollars more.

This would be a great rolling restoration candidate.

Good luck with the sale, it's a really nice car.

Dan
I agree that it is a great start to making a really nice fintail. Just looking for a good home! I'll post more info when I have a chance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Price reduced to $4200

Issues: some interior trim missing/damaged, steering wheel cracked and horn cover loose, rear seats have some stains, rear view mirror cracked, ignition switch stick so you must manually return key once engine starts, ac compressor has no belt, surface rust in the trunk, idles high ,(1 carb needs to be rebuilt) speedometer stopped working recently.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts