Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One more question: I have a fuel leak from the fuel inlet or fuel return on the fuel tank. I have heard that this is a common problem in these models. There are two fuel lines attaching to the tank. One is a hose attached to a metal fuel nipple. The other (the leaking one) is a fuel hose attached to a conical piece which then attaches to a metal fuel line on the tank. I am not sure what this conical piece is but suspect it may be the culprit. I wanted to ask around before I remove the tank.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, turns out that the tank has an outlet pipe which is just under 1/2" outer diameter. This pipe was connected to a factory steel fuel line with 5/16" outer diameter. A flared piece of 3" long fuel line bridged this gap and was rotten as all get out. I bought some brass nipples from the hardware to reduce the size, used two segments of hose and voila. The only question I have to the designers is "WHY?" Especially the annal, no nonsense German engineers. Oh well one problem off my list.

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.