Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked the sticky for online mog maunals and found the avango link whick is awesome for info but i did not find anything for the older 411.

I'm trying to sort out the wiring in this old truck, the way it is wired right now,

-Ignition on seems to click on when you click/push down on key in 0 position red light, lights up.

-position 1 fog lights

-position 2 low beams

-position 3 hight beams

Not sure if it comes from factory like this, i'm sure it has been tinkered with in the past 50 odd years.

If someone can send me a good wiring diagram link or confirm it is supposed to work like this, that would be very helpful.

Also if someone can explain the start up procedure. like what position your supposed to have for glow plugs and actual cranking. I have that knob that you pull half up to activate glow plugs and then full out for starter, just wondering if my system is operating the way it should.

1959 411

Regards

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
Unimog 404.1 Diesel (sold :( )1995 LMTV 1078, 1995 M1079, 1079box for sale !!!
5,857 Posts
no need to bump unless this gets near the bottom of the page.

Not too many 411 folk around so my guess is your answer will be slow in coming.

Have you compared your wiring with the oldest version of 404 wiring diagram you can find?

·
Registered
LAND ROVER 90 / DISCOVERY BOTH FITTED WITH TWEEKED PERKINS PRIMA ENGINES UNIMOG 404
121 Posts
411 wiring

will try to load 411 wiring diagram for you ,just need to find it in my filling system. will post 401 aswell hope they will help others.may take me a day to find. forgot to add pos one is normaly side lighhts two dip three main.

·
Registered
1959 411.110
85 Posts
1959 411 documentation

I recently picked up a 1959 411.110 but can only find later documentation for 411s; much is the same but some differences exist.

Where did you find a 1959 manual?

Thanks for the schematic, this page alone will help a tremendous amount as so much of my truck's wiring had been altered over the years.

Tom

·
Registered
LAND ROVER 90 / DISCOVERY BOTH FITTED WITH TWEEKED PERKINS PRIMA ENGINES UNIMOG 404
121 Posts

you may find the 401 wiring is the nearest to yours as it is on the model change, so ther are some cariovers as parts were yoused up .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.