Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1987 560SEC, 1987 UNIMOG U1700L
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings there w201 enthusiasts. My friend has a 1985 190E 2.0L and when you start from cold the car takes a bit longer to start and it will run. Problem is if you touch the accelerator the car will stumble and if you press it too much the car will die (can be restarted). Once the engine is warm it isn't a problem and you can accelerate no worries. I did a search and couldn't find any topics with the exact same problem this car is experiencing but through the topics that I did read there was alot of suggestions of sticking ICV and bad OVP relays? I know where the OVP relay is (found it when I changed the blower motor and cleared out leaves). Problem is I don't know where the ICV is, I had a look under the air cleaner which is where it is on my 560 but couldn't find anything. I am suspecting from what I have read that it is the OVP relay as I used to own the car before selling it to my friend and a few years ago one day for no apparent reason this problem started. Any other suggestions/adivce as to how to check/test the OVP and ICV would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

·
Premium Member
1987 560SEC, 1987 UNIMOG U1700L
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts