Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I bought a 190e and i am not able to place my foot on the gas/brake pedal comfortably, the area seems to be too tight to stick your foot on the pedal without touching the panel on top of them, it seems like someone remove the panel and replaced incorrectly. could someone take pics of the foot well area so that I can fix mine.

thank you

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
1,310 Posts
W201 pedal box is very tight. I don't have any pics on hand but there is a small threaded rod near the gas pedal that the bottom of the under dash knee panel is supposed to clip onto. If that's not aligned correctly what little space there is will be lessened. If you car is an '86 or later you can retrofit the early style knee panel without the crash bolster and free up some knee room.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
W201 pedal box is very tight. I don't have any pics on hand but there is a small threaded rod near the gas pedal that the bottom of the under dash knee panel is supposed to clip onto. If that's not aligned correctly what little space there is will be lessened. If you car is an '86 or later you can retrofit the early style knee panel without the crash bolster and free up some knee room.
it is 2002 e190, and also i noticed that the plastic is touching or almost touching the gas/brake pedal. doesn't look it is installed correctly.
I would to have pics so that I can compare.

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is 2002 e190, and also i noticed that the plastic is touching or almost touching the gas/brake pedal. doesn't look it is installed correctly.
I would to have pics so that I can compare.

thanks
Sorry 1992 not 2002

·
W201 Moderator
89 190E2.6- 5-speed Manual, 95 E320 Sportsline-sold, 2001 E320 4matic Wagon-sold
2,714 Posts
I know mine was touching the clutch pedal area for some time and I had to adjust it. Was not like that when I bought the car new. Developed later and had a installation problem, most likely after the clutch master cylinder replacement.

Sounds like yours was removed at some point and not installed properly as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know mine was touching the clutch pedal area for some time and I had to adjust it. Was not like that when I bought the car new. Developed later and had a installation problem, most likely after the clutch master cylinder replacement.

Sounds like yours was removed at some point and not installed properly as well.
I saw that area when I also removed the carpet, but it seems to be leaning to one side not straight down. I would appreciate if you can also get a pic of the left side of that area, because I think the way it is installed is backward.
thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts