Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

190E CD changer location

1059 3
I have purchased a used 10 CD changer from a fellow club member to fit to my 190E. My question is, having not ever seen one fitted to a 190E, what is the usual location for a CD changer in a W201?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
190E 1.8L Auto
17 Posts
Most of them are

Most CD changers fit fine in the boot. Depending on your personal preference really, you can have them fixed to the bottom of the rear deck panel, or to the base of the trunk, towards the seat. On some other cars, you can fit the CD changer under the passenger seat, but I'm certain it won't work on the 190E because there's a warmer grid under both the front seats.

· Registered
350SLC, 500SLC, 300TE, 190E2.3 Sportline
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CD changer

It's installed! I mounted it under the rear shelf on the right hand side. This keeps the two wells free for small items and the deepest section of the boot/trunk on the left side available for tall items. Due to the wider wheels on the Sportline the boot/trunk floor/spare wheel cover is raised slightly making the right side of the boot/trunk shallower.

The time consuming part of the install was running the cable from the head unit through to the CD changer. It was tricky getting the 13 pin plug through under the rear carpet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.