Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E 2.6 1993
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there!

First, sorry for my bad english, I'll do my best.

I have an american 190e 2.6 1993; I have been driving this car for about 6 months and I remember that most buttons in the car had light to see in the night, but now, suddenly I started my car and when I turn on the light, nothing were illuminated (only the cluster, the gears knob, lighter and the lonely rear window defroster switch). The original radio, tempmatic climate control, all power window switches (including the installed on rear doors), speaker fader control, warning flasher, and sunroof buttons are dark. All of these are in 'working' order, but no one is shining. I'm not sure if others like the the Rear passenger compartment lamp switch, the switch for exterior mirror on front passenger side or the rear window control for baby shines in the night, but mine are off. One last thing that is not shining is the outside temperature indicator in the cluster: I can dim my cluster and set the clock but that's all.

*An interesting thing is that my temperature indicator never have worked, it shone at night but never has been image in the display.

I don't know what happened, I checked my fuses, and no one is blown, by the way, I found that the fuse 14 (cluster) installed was a red one, and in the fuse cover is indicated a white ... some others are incorrect too :(
What can I do? Must I replace all buttons? :eek: Is there another fuse hidden in there? a bulb?

Please help me, all comments are welcome!

Saludos from Mexico

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
9,228 Posts
fuse in the back side of the cluster

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E 2.6 1993
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you friends, now my lights are OK :D. I found the fuse behind the cluster and it was blown, I fixed it for now, but I pretend to get a new one.
Can I buy it from a dealer? I didn't see any serial number for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts