Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.6
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the front brake pads (only) on my 1992 190E, does anyone have a picture/drawing of the caliper and pads and it's attachment to the car? Or, even a how-to illustration? No, I don't have a shop manual, yes, I am a mechanic (weekend), yes, I've had Benzes since 1962! I just don't want to take stuff off I don't need to.

·
Registered
2004 SL500; 2003 ML350; 1997 C280 Sport; 1987 190e 2.3 16v; 1986 190e 2.3 16V; 1968 W30 442
613 Posts
take wheel off, knock pins out, spread pads with a screwdriver, disconnect wear sensor, slide pads out the top, throw away, install new ear sensor on new pads, slide new pads in, connect sensors, knock pins back in, compress brake pedal a few times to extend pads, inspect, put wheel back on.

You do not need tro remove caliper if all you are doing is replacing the pads

Wear nitrile gloves; makes clean up real easy.

ps - use Akebono's - no more brake dust.

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,747 Posts
I want to replace the front brake pads (only) on my 1992 190E, does anyone have a picture/drawing of the caliper and pads and it's attachment to the car? Or, even a how-to illustration? No, I don't have a shop manual, yes, I am a mechanic (weekend), yes, I've had Benzes since 1962! I just don't want to take stuff off I don't need to.
Am I to believe that in forty-eight years of owning MBs you've never replaced a set of brake pads?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of which bolts to remove to take the front brake calipers off? Or the pin to knock out to replace the pads? Thank you in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts