Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know what all is needed to convert my 1985 8 valve into the 16v and where to get the parts... do i have to replace everything internally or can i just throw the cosworth head in and call it a day.... please help??

·
Registered
154 Posts
Why are you so quick to dash others dreams? Don’t you believe in short cuts? I’m sure there is a much easier way to achieve a 16v without actually buying one. You guys are supposed to be here to help. And that searching thing, it takes way to long, by the time I get done reading all that stuff I could have been driving my modified 8v around town.:D

·
Registered
371 Posts
Why are you so quick to dash others dreams? Don’t you believe in short cuts? I’m sure there is a much easier way to achieve a 16v without actually buying one. You guys are supposed to be here to help. And that searching thing, it takes way to long, by the time I get done reading all that stuff I could have been driving my modified 8v around town.:D
nope. no real easier way to optain a 16v without buyin one. and i know who everyone hates the search engine but everyone also hates answering the same question 20 times when all can be solved with a single click. if anyone is in the area of NJ looking for a 16v there are 2 for sale in andover. a smoke silver one with 200,000 (owner says runs good with no rush or mechanical problems) for $4,500, and the same owner is selling a mettalic black one with around 112,000 for $8,500. Both 5-Speed. oh and both still have working SLS installed. if anyone is interested pm me and i can give you the guys #

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Shouldnt you be out spending your money somewhere?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
nope. no real easier way to optain a 16v without buyin one. and i know who everyone hates the search engine but everyone also hates answering the same question 20 times when all can be solved with a single click. if anyone is in the area of NJ looking for a 16v there are 2 for sale in andover. a smoke silver one with 200,000 (owner says runs good with no rush or mechanical problems) for $4,500, and the same owner is selling a mettalic black one with around 112,000 for $8,500. Both 5-Speed. oh and both still have working SLS installed. if anyone is interested pm me and i can give you the guys #
I saw the $ 8500 NJ on Ebay today as well. Wow that looks nice. There's one in Cali, Salvage Title , low claimed miles and mmmm $ 3500 buy it now???? No where near as nice.

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts