Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will My brother has a 1992 190E and his transmission is shot. Will a transmission from a 300E fit in to his 190 2.6??? Also if anyone knows someone who has a Transmission for a 190E 2.6 for sale in the NY Tri State Area that would be Great, thanks.

·
Registered
89 190e 2.6
3 Posts
i'm pretty sure they are the same transmissions. i think there was one on ebay about a week ago. search mercedes 190e. should be about 1500 results. lots of good stuff on there. also try mercedes w201.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rebuild a transmission for a 722.4

You might consider rebuilding your own transmission for the 190E/722.4. The hard part is pulling the tranmission anyway. You really only need one specialty tool to do the job. A special 12 point socket to remove the three leg/star nut on the transmission tail/drive shaft shock mount point (about $40.00 on ebay - then resell it when you're done). You cannot dissassemble the tail of the tranny without removing this nut. A banner rebuild kit is about $250.00 and includes all the friction plates as well as ALL the o rings (even for a valve body rebuild). MAKE SURE YOU PURCHASE A MANUAL from ATSG for the transmission. You cannot figure it out on your own. All the hoo-laa about rebuilding a tranny being out or reach for most DIY'ers is just that hoo-la!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts