Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

190E 2.5 TurboDiesel

3039 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  StrichAcht 240D
I might be interested in getting a 190E 2.5 Diesel. I see that they are hard to come by as I could only find about 30 total for all the places I looked (local paper, autotrader, carbuyersmarket, etc.). What I want to know is, how are these cars? Reliable as all mercedes diesels or do they have quirks and or major problems (like the 350SD's)? I know the 201 chassis is very popular and seems quite strong and reliable. Any other thoughts, opinions? Also - whats the specs on this car - It's a 2.5L Inline 5 Turbodiesel right? Whats the HP/TQ and MPG?

Oh, last but not least, anyone want to sell their 190E 2.5?

Thanks in advance!!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Always Remembered RIP
496 Posts
I've just bought one for my mum. Actually she paid for it I checked it out, picked it u...

I've just bought one for my mum. Actually she paid for it I checked it out, picked it up and dumped it on her driveway[:D].
After driving it back I grew quite fond of the car and it seems better put together than my old C180. It's got a bit of a leak from the sump but the engine seems strong and pulls remarkable well, and this hasn’t even got the turbo.

Yes it's a 5-cylinder, but not all have turbos. The 2.5D has 90bhp @ 4600rpm and 114lb/ft torque at 2800rpm were the 2.5TurboD produces 122bhp @ 4600rpm and 163lb/ft torque at 2400rpm

Here’s a link to a UK review and some specs;

http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/car_reviews/main_review.asp?model_id=451

· Registered
1994 SL320, '76 240D
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, I didn't know they had the 2.5 with and without the turbo. Sounds good - I had heard b...

Ah, I didn't know they had the 2.5 with and without the turbo. Sounds good - I had heard before that they were some of the fastest MB diesels around. Thanks very much Heckflosse!

You wouldn't happen to know the weight, would you?

· Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,570 Posts
1987 190 D 2.5 Turbo

I have a client who owns two. He would be willing to sell one or the other. The lower miles would be the one to go for. It is gold with palomino MB-tex. Very nice! You can e-mail him if you wish. I'm sure he would want in the high 9's. Contact me if interested. I will give you the information. Car is located in Kentucky.

· Registered
1994 SL320, '76 240D
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the offer EdMclass, but I am not looking to buy right now, I am trying to ga...

Thank you for the offer EdMclass, but I am not looking to buy right now, I am trying to gather some info. Any 2.5 Turbo owners want to chime in and tell me some of the repairs they have done to their cars, how the reliability is? Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.