Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a straight and rust free tub or complete '86-87 US spec 16v car for sale (cheap)? I am building a racecar. I have access to European parts but need a US registered tub, preferably 1987. If someone is parting out a car, let me know. Or, if I buy a completed car, anyone out there needing interiors and other parts, let me know. I am in Houston, TX.<br> <br> David<br> 281/551-0045 pgr

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yeah i need interior parts i need a navy dash lock nobs a door panels a new navy third brake light a temperature sensor the wood around the climate control<br> if you have any of these let me know. if anyone has any let me know

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everyone. I am still looking for a car, but have put things on hold while SCCA decides if they are going to allow the car in the GT class. If not, we will not build one. In the meantime, I have purchased a BMW racecar and will be racing that. Hope SCCA makes up their mind. The 16 valve is a great car with tons of potential. We have some killer engine management options and great brake options (use the Brembo and 500E parts). I will post the results from SCCA and let everyone know what we decide to do.<br> <br> David

· Registered
C32AMG
2 Posts
190E wanted for racecar.

David,

I noted your interest in a 190E racecar. I have just completed a complete rebuild from the ground up of a European spec (185hp) 190E and will be racing it in a legal 1000km road race later this month dowm under here in NZ. The car has been totally rebuilt with nothing left untouched in respect to suspension (fullly adjustable), race brakes (slotted brembo's)New LSD, drivetrain, sachs button clutch, lightened flywheel and completely rebuilt rear subframe and front suspension. The Motor has done 160,000km and is bullet proof, but we have only machined out the throttle body and put a huge exhust on the beast and without too much of a struggle we have over 200Hp. My interest is in your comments about some demon tweeks to the engine management as we are basically looking towards cams and some heavy breathing on the hardware to extract more horsepower as the injection on this model is mechanical with minor electronic assistance? As you are now running a BMW, perhaps you'd like to drop me a line as i'd be interested in any additional info on getting more power for less effort! My E mail is [email protected] cheers.

Lateron

· Registered
134 Posts
David,Check out the classified section at rc-imports.com. One of Rick's 16-valve race...

David,
Check out the classified section at rc-imports.com. One of Rick's 16-valve race car is for sale there. He had the first Mercedes 16-valve racecar in the US years ago. He has been my mechanic for several years and is great. (He's done all the work on my 16 valve.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.