Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on changing the tranny modulator on this 84' 190D after finding plenty of solid info, but I can't find where to buy the modulator pin online if my life depended on it. Help? :confused:

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
The pin you need is listed as item 3 in Hattenator's post, first link. The part number is 1262779375, for $2.95. On my car it was broken and I had to use some vacuum to extract the broken piece.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Most shifting problems in the diesel version are caused by vacuum problems, so I would look there first, even before changing the modulator and pin. I will try to find you the troubleshooting link for vac.
It would not hurt to change the trans fluid and filter, if that has not been done recently.

·
Registered
234 Posts
As shingleback stated most problems in a diesel are caused by vacuum. The pump gets week or you develop leaks. Steve Brotherton has one of the best articles on the vacuum and transmission system of a diesel and how to adjust it etc. a link to it is in my transmission modulator DIY on this site it can be found in the FAQ if you havent read it also about 2 posts down on that thread I added alot of troubleshooting Q&A. On your problems you list several.

Flaring

When and what gears?

Jerking

When and what gear?

Responding slowly when

Transmissions work off of specifics if you can give me more detail as to when and how your transmission is acting up I can probably get you closer to the actual cause of the problem which sounds like more then one to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts