Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1985 190 D
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 190d which is pretty much worn out and I am not interested in fixing it. The heater is out, no AC, leaking fuel injector, loud and uncomfortable. I found a 300sd for 4k which is being rebuilt pretty much from bumper to bumper.

I was getting close to 40 mpg from the 190d what can I expect from the 300sd?

I am assuming the 300sd while have more power and get less mpg. My commute is close to a 100 miles a day and am looking forward to a more comfortable ride.

·
Registered
'77 6.9, 74 240D, 96 Ram 5.9L Cummins
2,654 Posts
The W126 300SD is going to get about 27mpg tops. Around LA who knows when you start moving into traffic. It is faster than a 2.2 but you're not going to get anything near the 40mpg you get out of the 2.2.

Is it a manual or an auto?

Washerman, planning to take on 2 projects at the same time? :)

·
Registered
83 300 d t
699 Posts
why not 40 mpg sounds tempting for my comute . i dont know how slow 190 would be . i want a collection !!! i was also interested in the 300 td with no motor and trans

·
Registered
1985 190 D
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
washerman said:
how much do you want for 190 d
Make me an offer. I live in Sun City, near Temcula. You would have to pick it up. The grill is busted up and there is some other front end damage, I rear ended a jetta at about 10-15 miles per hour a few weeks back. The glow plugs also need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1985 190 D
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
diametricalbenz said:
The W126 300SD is going to get about 27mpg tops. Around LA who knows when you start moving into traffic. It is faster than a 2.2 but you're not going to get anything near the 40mpg you get out of the 2.2.

Is it a manual or an auto?

Washerman, planning to take on 2 projects at the same time? :)
Auto

·
Registered
83 300 d t
699 Posts
i know where that is mabe on saturday i can take i look i have side job in san bern.is trany and engine in good shape other than leaky injector the air and heat dont work in my w123 but iam sure i can fix .

·
Registered
1985 190 D
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
washerman said:
i know where that is mabe on saturday i can take i look i have side job in san bern.is trany and engine in good shape other than leaky injector the air and heat dont work in my w123 but iam sure i can fix .
I will only be around for a little while sat morn.

The engine and trans seem to be in good shape, it runs great. It does leak oil. I am moving to Missouri soon and want a heater/defroster that works, plus the 300sd has A/C. The heater grumbles for a few seconds and than blows the fuse. I can turn the blades on the fan so I know its not jamed, maybe a short? The ebrake also isn't working. It has over 340k on it. If you understand this car needs work I wouldn't mind selling it to you. You have to understand that this is a fixxer upper. It is noisy, the sunroof works but dosen't sell up creating a lot of wind noise at freeway speed it also leak a LITTLE when it rains VERY hard.

My 300sd should be done next week. I want to hold on to the 190d until everything is good with the 300sd. My other vehicle is a Jeep on 35's in tires and it sucks so much gas it would run me about $25 in gas a day to drive it to work.

·
Registered
83 300 d t
699 Posts
i under stand my w123 still needs work i have to sell bronco 2 before i can even ask my wife if i can buy another mb i just put a lot of money in w 123 and dont mind a fixer upper. my 300 is noisy like most diesel are . next week will be fine no problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts