Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have noticed this ball socket just below manifold, connected to fuel pump linkage is not attached to anything. Its shiny as if something has popped off. Pics enclosed. Car is a 190d 2.5:

Do i need to connect it to something?

Thanks.
Paul

·
Registered
1991 W124.128
136 Posts
Hi,
same on my car - 86 190D 2.5. Must admit don't know what connection is for but everything is functioning proper.
Had the same on another car with a 2.2L D engine.
If I have to guess these parts also used in cars with gas engines and required there. Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is automatic. I have had problems with transmission and thought this might be related. Car was starting off in 1st rather than 2nd. had vacuum modulator replaced which seems to have fixed problem but the gear shifts are harder now. cheers.

·
Registered
ML320E - 260E - 190D
230 Posts
Hi!
You need readj.Vacuum Unit.
Loose Vacuum Unit - Pres accelerator max position -
move Vacuum unit clock wise - feel resistance - not break the unit.
Or move little to the left - contra clock - mm and try drive you feel better or to much smooth - to long time vacuum.
Your problem is no vacuum for longer time.
You need to make Vacuum for longer time.

Simple problem.
I believe your Old Vacuum unit is good - try reconnected how was before you start play - is very important how and which Vacuum line is connected to the unit.In the rubber house is small plastic valve inserted and very important too.All original connections must bee connected back.

Regards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts