Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody posses a list of what parts intermatch between different models, close in years? It seems like parts from the early 200 series should match up with mid sixties 190D for example. Would a 200 series fender fit on a 190D for example? Dashboards, interiors..?

Also, I am confused by all the small letters that went next to the D on these fintail models. There's the 190Dc, the 190c, the 190D... what does all of that mean?

Thanks.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The big D stands for Diesel. The small letters represent major running changes to that particular model, in this case the 190. The "c" version was the change to the W110 fintail model. The "b" was the previous 190 pontoon body style. Don't know if there was an "a" or if the first was just called 190.

As far as parts interchanging between the 190 and 200, your best bet is staying with the W110 body style. The 190 and 200 had many similarities, but also some differences. Most of the interior is the same other than upholstery and color changes. There are trim differences on the exterior, and the diesel engines have some differences. As for the fender, I know the 190 had the little turn signal light on the side of the fender and the 200 didn't, and would think they would bolt up, but not positive. I also know that the inner fenderwell is slightly different, which is a part that by looking at it looks the same. Overall, there are more parts the same then different. The W111 chassis also used many of the same mechanical parts as the W110, but the bodies were a lot different.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts