Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1985 190d
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did do a quick search to see if i could find answers to my question before i started a thread and didn't find anything. so once again, sorry for the newb question. but heres what i'm asking. i have an 85 190d with the brown interior. i may have an opportunity to pick up an entire 87 190e parts car for around $500. all i'm wanting to do is take some of the interior pieces off to put into my 190d. i.e., dash, trim, front seats etc, etc. i then would part out the rest. my question is, as far as the interior parts, are they all compatiable from 190e-190d or did they change mounting brackets or anything like that from year to year. thanks and i appreciate all the help. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1985 190d
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you sir. That's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure before I purchased a parts car that wouldn't or would work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just did the same thing, purchased an E parts car for interior parts for my D. The only interior differences will be the instrument clusters. There may be some differences in center consoles between those years also but I am not sure on that one.

·
Registered
1984 190D 2.2
2,458 Posts
Isn't there a difference between later model 201's and earlier models?

I thought I read somewhere that in the early 90's the rear seats got more foot room, and a few other things changed.

I could be wrong though..

·
Registered
92 190E 2.6
499 Posts
the only thing that I know to be majorly different is the firewall between the rear seats and the gas tank. After 89, they changed the shape of the gas tank, thus changing the shape of the firewall, this is why some people have a hard time fitting 16v seats in 90+ cars. It's still possible, but difficult from what I understand.

Although, now that you mention it, there seems to be less room in the back seat of my 86 than there was in my 93, I thought it was just me being crazy though. and the fact that my 86 has the real leather seats, instead of the mbtex, so I dont know if maybe the shape and size of the seats are different.

·
Registered
1996 E320, 2005 Toyota Camry
1,810 Posts
?

Don't the later year 201s have a center console (directly under the dash and above the transmission) which is different from early models?
Hemersam

·
Registered
92 190E 2.6
499 Posts
Don't the later year 201s have a center console (directly under the dash and above the transmission) which is different from early models?
Hemersam
They are different, but interchangeable. I just put the console from my 93 into my 86 with no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts