Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

What other models of mercedes would the engine from a 190D fit into? I know it's a relatively weak engine (55-60hp).

Also... does anybody know the average miles-per-gallon on one of these "well matured" engines? Do they reduce in efficiency relatively over a long life?

Thanks.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If you are looking to install the 190 D engie into something,I would'nt.They are good engine in the lighter cars they were designed for,but if was to swap in a older Benz deisel i would go for the five cylynder 300 engine.They are everywhere including those thermo king reefer units you see on trucks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah, I guess I see your point there. I guess I could possibly putit in a 180D, but those are getting rather rare.. fintails seem to be quite abundant however. At least the official production numbers would seem to indicate so. I suppose that most of those were made for the european taxi markets though..?

I guess my original fundamental question is, how different are the placement of engine mounting points between different models in that range of years, between models...?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Guess what? the engine mounts are all the same,whether it's a 190 diesel or a 6.3 liter V8.(although 6.3's had larger mounts).Your 190 will bolt into any merc up to 1990.Those alloy "arms" that are bolted to the side of the engine are different on each engine,so you cannot interchange those from say a 3.5 V8 to a 2.3 four ,as an example.If you have the arms,and the appropriate tranny,drop it straight into the "finny" of your choice.
Not all diesel finny's were taxis,some were everyday family cars too.
it's all too easy[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
1962 220S(200d engine),1970 Cadillac Fleetwood 75,1984 500SL
442 Posts
let me reword the first question..what engines can you fit easily in a 190d w110?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts