Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me which size is good for C-class?<br> 19' too big for the ride? <br> 18' more comfort and more smooth on the road?<br> Which tire size is easy to drive?<br> Thank you.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 18 is more comfy but 19 looks better....both fit.

Thank you lee2375..<br> I have two more questions,1. How about tire size and wheel for 18'? i mean should i choose 8 for front or 8.5 or 9 for rear? or same size front and back? My car is W203 C200 komp.<br> 2.Which tire number more comfort between 235 or 240 or 245. I don't know what the different? depend on what?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See inside

For 18 inch you can either run 18x8, 18x8.5 in the F and and 18x8, 18x8.5, 18x9.0, or 18x9.5 for the R. Tires should be 225/40/18 F and R or optional staggered fitment 255/35/18 R only. If you run a 9 or 9.5 inch wheel in the back, you def. want to use the staggered fitment. Otherwise 225/40/18 all the way around is fine also. Those are the correct tire sizes for your car.<br> <br> As far as your comfort issue, generally speaking, the thicker the tire (more sidewall) the softer the ride. This is the second number called the 'series' or 'aspect ratio' (i.e 50, 40, 35, etc...) which is a percentage of the width. The first number is the wdith of the tire in mm. Because the sidewall height is a function of both the aspect ratio and the width, the thickness of the sidewall can vary, but generally speaking, the higher the aspect ratio, the thicker the tire. However, you must ensure that the OD of the tire doesn't exceed the OE OD by too much, or else the speedometer will be off and you may have rubbing/clearancing issues.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You can fit the Brabus 18' rims on the car with the low pro tires, but the 19' will fit only after some fender mods. This is Brabus, I'm not sure about any other rims, because nothing but brabus is touchin my '98 w202. I have 18' monoblock V's 2-piece on it right now, but i might upgrade to the big dogg 19's later.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

You can fit the Brabus 18' rims on the car with the low pro tires, but the 19' will fit only after some fender mods. This is Brabus, I'm not sure about any other rims, because nothing but brabus is touchin my '98 w202. I have 18' monoblock V's 2-piece on it right now, but i might upgrade to the big dogg 19's later.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oops

damn i thought you had written w202, ya the w203 looks much better, try the new Lorinser's in the 19x9 the look phat.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Stephen and....

What do u think between Brabus Monoblock V and new Monoblock VI?Which one looks better? Which one should fit with W203? 18' or 19'?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts