Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,<br> <br> I was thinking about installing the 19 inch CL(215) 5 spoke AMG wheels on my <br> 2000 S-Class(220).<br> <br> I could go with 8.5x19 all round with 245/40/19 tyres or <br> 8.5x19 with 245/40/19 front & 9.5x19 with 275/35/19 at the rear.<br> <br> Will any of the above 2 combinations cause any rubbing with/without passengers/luggage?<br> <br> Thanks,<br> Fayaz<br> <br> <br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey I was thinking of the same thing .....

I am getting an S55 this summer, and was thinking of a 19' rather than the stock 18'...if you get any information please forward it to me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Hey I was thinking of the same thing .....

My Friend has a 2001 S-Class W220 S-500, and he actually put those exact rims on the car. He even put on some H & R Lowering Springs, and the wheels don't rub and produce wear. You could even upgrade to some 20 inch rims if you would like, but that all depends on how much you want to spend and also if you like rims that big.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Chris, <br> <br> Could you ask him if he had 8.5x19 all round or did he have 9.5x19 at the rears?<br> <br> Thanks,<br> Fayaz<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 19x9.5 will fit no rubbing. more...

The 220 can accomodate up to 21 inch diameters and 10 inches wide without modifications. It's a big car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Will the ride comfort ...

decrease dramtically compared to the standard 16's? <br> <br> Also, what other effects will I notice?<br> <br> Thank,<br> Fayaz

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

To Chris:<br>
What? a H&R spring on a 2000 S-Class, where are those springs I could not find it

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: huh?

That is what he told me.... I will ask him tommorrow just to make sure, maybe I heard wrong or something, because I just remembered the new S-Class does come with the Factory Air Bags in it... I will check. Chris

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: not all have air springs

Any of the S(55 and 600) or CL(all) class models that have ABC use coil springs and hydraulic cylinders, plus gas shocks. I don't think you can gain anything by changing springs on these. They are designed to work with the active hydraulics. Airmatic springs are standard on 430 and 500 models.<br> <br> I have 20x9.5 Brabus wheels on my 600 with 255/35-20 tires.The fender lips have been rolled. I still get minor rubbing at full steering lock.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

My car now put on Lorinser LM 5 all round 19X8.5it good no rubbing at all also with 4 passenger but my friend car put on 19X9.5 with 275/35/19 it will rubbing when car go fast and downhill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts