Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a bunch of 19" AMG repros on ebay; wonder how heavy they are...look nice for sure; too bad they are 19 and not 18....

Sure someone will be a guinney pig trying these out...would love to hear how they compare to the OEM in terms of weight etc.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have them on my 2003 G55 they are lighter and they have been on my truck for 8 months now never had any problem..Just order my second set for my 2007 G.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have them on my 2003 G55 they are lighter and they have been on my truck for 8 months now never had any problem..Just order my second set for my 2007 G.
Lighter than the OEM 10" AMG rims??? Wow!!! You sure about that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wanted to confirm what the OEM 19" specs are. 9.5" width and 50mm offset? I notice the ebay replicas are generally 9" wide. I wonder if the replicas work better with the skinny G500 fenders since they stick out slightly less, or if maybe they look too skinny with the fat G55 fenders? Also maybe they're lighter cause they're 1/2" skinnier? Pics would be great if anyone has any!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am really interested in buying these for my G. I live in Michigan and have exposure to snow, rain, and all of the elements, but dont do much off roading. I do mostly city driving with highway trips here and there and would like to know the best tires to run in those conditions. What size and brand tires are you guys running on these?

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is very good to know! Thanks for the info.

Sooo very tempting now.......

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is there any way to tell they are replicas by just looking at them while they are mounted on the truck?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good question, here's another one... Where have all the AMG replicas gone? There haven't been any at all on eBay since this thread was last active. I pretty much decided I wanted these and then poof, all gone. Oh well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good question, here's another one... Where have all the AMG replicas gone? There haven't been any at all on eBay since this thread was last active. I pretty much decided I wanted these and then poof, all gone. Oh well.
You're right. Just last month I had about 3 sets on my watch list on ebay.

Now they're all gone and can't find anymore.

There's one set or originals left but they are going for close to $6k with the tires. Not cheap!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts